• 2 cups almonds
• 1/4 cup flax seeds, chia seeds or pumpkin seeds (ground in a coffee grinder or blender)
• 1/2 cup dried prunes, dates or raisins
• 1-2 teaspoons NZProtein Super Blend
• 1/2-1 teaspoon NZProtein Matcha
• ½ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
• ½ cup peanut or almond butter
• ½ cup coconut oil or butter (melted)
• 1/4 cup honey
• 2-3 teaspoons vanilla extract
• A few squares dark chocolate, less than half a bar needed for thin layer (optional)
1. Place almonds, flax meal/seeds, dried fruit, shredded coconut, almond/peanut butter in a food processor and pulse briefly for about 10 seconds.
2. Melt coconut oil in a small sauce pan over a very low heat.
3. Remove coconut oil from stove and stir sweeteners and vanilla into oil.
4. Add coconut oil mixture to food processor and pulse until ingredients form a coarse paste.
5. Press mixture into an 8" x 8" glass baking dish.
6. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour, until mixture hardens.
7. In a small saucepan, melt chocolate over very low heat, stirring continuously.
8. Spread melted chocolate over bars then return to refrigerator for 30 minutes until chocolate hardens.
9. Remove from refrigerator, cut into bars and serve. Makes about 12-15 bars. Store in refrigerator or freeze for later