Recipe for delicious chocolate and almond donuts made using pea protein and almond flour.
- 1/4c NZProtein Pea Isolate (Gourmet Vanilla)
- 1/4c Almond flour (or whole almonds, blended into a flour)
- 2T Coconut sugar
- 2T Almond milk
- 1 Egg
- ½t Baking powder
For the topping:
- 1/4c Dark chocolate buttons
- 1T Coconut oil
- Your favourite sprinkles - I used coconut shreds
- Preheat the oven to 180oC and grease a donut baking tray.
- If you're using whole almonds, blitz the almonds in a high speed blender until it turns into a fine flour.
- Mix all of the donut ingredients together in a large bowl. It should form a sticky dough.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the donut tray and bake for about 15 minutes or until they’ve cooked through.
- Let the donuts cool completely before gently removing them from the tray.
- While cooling, melt the dark chocolate with coconut oil in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds.
- Pour the chocolate on top of the donuts and add some of your favourite sprinkles on top.