This recipe is really simple and tastes deliciously sweet! Combining the textures of almonds, nut butter, quinoa and chocolate chips, it makes for a gooey, chewy protein bar with plenty of protein, fibre and flavour.
- 4 Scoops NZProtein Faba Protein Powder
- 15 Pitted dates, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes
- 1 1/2c Cooked quinoa
- 1/2c Almond butter
- 1/3c Water
- 3/4c raw almonds, blended
- 1/4c chocolate chips
- *Optional: Chocolate melts for the topping
- If you haven't already, cook the quinoa over a pot of boiling water for 20 minutes, and soak the dates in a bowl of hot water for 5 minutes.
- In a high speed blender, blitz the raw almonds, soaked and drained dates, water and NZP Faba Protein Powder together until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and mix in the almond butter, cooked quinoa and chocolate chips.
- Move to a lined baking dish and set in the fridge for 1 hour.
- *Optional: While the dish is setting in the fridge, melt chocolate over a double boiler ready to drizzle on top.
- Once the mixture is set, drizzle the chocolate over the top and allow to cool before cutting into bars and enjoying!