• 1-2 squares of thinly-chopped dark chocolate
• 1-2 pitted medjool dates
• 1/4 cup of dried goji berries
• 1/4 cup of NZProtein Pea Isolate (Gourmet Vanilla)
• 1/4 of almond milk (or enough to bind the above ingredients together)
1. Combine all of the above ingredients in a food processor. Duplicate the amount if you want to make more bars (the above makes four small ones).
2. Process the mix until you get a kind of ‘dough’ that you can shape with your hands. If you don't have a food processor then you could use a handheld blender (it just might be more difficult because the mix will be thick).
3. Taste the mix to ensure it’s perfect. If you want it sweeter, add more sweetener. If you want it more chocolatey, add more cocoa. And adapt the consistency by adding a bit more milk till you get it properly ‘moldeable.’
4. Shape the ‘dough’ into four small bars (or two large ones). To make them properly rectangular (as opposed to them looking like fat sausages), press them against a hard surface on each side. That way, you’ll flatten the bars and make them more ‘angular.’
Macros per bar (based on 4 small bars):
10g carbs (2g fibre)