Love oats for breakfast because of their low GI, but wish they had more protein? Why not add them together?! These protein oat drop biscuits are a healthy snack or addition to breakfast for a higher protein and lower GI option.
- 1c Oat flour (or rolled oats blended into a flour)
- 1/2c Rolled oats (unblended)
- 1/4c NZProtein Pea Isolate protein
- 1t Cinnamon
- 1t Baking powder
- 1 Pinch of salt
- 1/4c NZProtein Low-Calorie maple syrup
- 1/4c Coconut oil, melted
- 2T Nut butter (optional, I used walnut and coffee peanut butter)
- 1t Vanilla essence
- Fruit jam (I used raspberry)
- Preheat the oven to 180oC and line a baking tray.
- In medium sized bowl, mix together the oat flour, oats, pea protein, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla essence and mix until it forms a ball of cookie dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls and flatten with the back of a rounded teaspoon, making a well in the middle of each.
- Add a drop of jam to the centre of each well and bake for 10-15minutes or until the oat mixture turns golden.
- Transfer to a cooling tray for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
*Makes 12 cookies