I always like putting out a plate of snacks when I have guests over. It’s especially great if they are healthy and fun to make! Try adding these versatile tortilla chips to your next snack platter, cheese board or bowl!
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/4c Oat flour (or blended rolled oats)
- 2T Ground flaxseeds (or blend your whole flax seeds)
- 3 Scoops NZProtein Beef protein
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cumin to taste
- Coconut oil or butter for frying
- Preheat the oven to 180oC fan-forced or grill.
- If not already ground, blitz your oats and flax seeds using a high speed blender.
- Add all other ingredients into the blender and blitz.
- Heat a frying pan with a generous amount of oil or butter.
- Once the pan is hot, fry the mixture like a pancake - try spread it as thin as possible.
- Once it starts to bubble, flip it over until cooked.
- Move to a plate and cut it into triangles.
- To add extra crisp to your tortilla chips, put them on a baking tray and grill them for 5 mins or until golden brown (don’t forget to flip them)!
- Enjoy with your favourite dip.