An apple pie slice made using protein powder! Everyone will want a slice of this.
- 1/2c Unsweetened applesauce (or 1 apple, peeled, diced and boiled)
- 1/2c Almond or cashew butter
- 1/4c Coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4c NZProtein Whey or Casein (gourmet vanilla)
- 2T NZProtein Low Calorie maple myrup
- 1t Cinnamon
- ¼t Nutmeg
- Optional: Extra coconut sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg to sprinkle on top to form a small 'crust'
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- If you don't have applesauce, peel and cut one apple into small pieces and bring to the boil with 1/2c water in a pot over medium heat. Stir until the apple becomes soft and mashable.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients together and mix well with a spatula until a thick batter is formed.
- Spread the mixture into a greased or silicone baking dish. Mold into a square shape until approx 2.5-3 cm thick and gently smooth the top.
- Sprinkle coconut sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon on the top so it forms a small ‘crust’.
- Bake in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely (approx. 1 hour).
- Serve warm or cold with your favourite toppings! I used fruit, natural yoghurt and NZProtein Low Calorie Maple Syrup.