A creative and surprisingly simple way to make a truly delicious and nutritious breakfast granola to add to your porridge, smoothie bowls, on a fruit crumble or simply with yoghurt.
- 1/2c Rolled oats
- 4 scoops (2 serves) NZProtein Hydrolysed Collagen (or our Creamer would work too)
- 1c Mixed nuts and seeds (I used walnut, almond, brazil nut and sunflower, sesame and pumpkin seeds)
- 12c Coconut shreds
- 1/4t Salt
- 1/2t Cinnamon
- 1/2c Coconut oil
- 1/4c Honey
- 2T Peanut butter
- Optional: Cacao nubs and chopped dates
- Preheat the oven to 220oC and line a baking tray.
- Add all dry ingredients together on the baking tray, spreading it as thin as possible.
- Toast in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until muesli just starts to turn golden - be careful not to burn!
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt together the coconut oil, honey and peanut butter.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the toasted nuts, oats and seeds and toss until the muesli is saturated.
- Again, spread the muesli as thin as possible on the baking tray and return to the oven at 180oC for 15 minutes, mixing every 5 minutes to ensure an even roast.
- Once the mixture is all toasted remove from the oven and stir in cacao nibs and chopped dates if you would like extra sweetness.
- Allow to cool on the bench completely, stirring occasionally. Enjoy for up to a week in an airtight container.